Third Annual Google Sightseeing Island Week
Monday, 1st September 2008 by James Turnbull
Well, it’s not exactly the same week as it has been in previous years (in fact this year it’s not even during the same month), but nevertheless, the official Third Annual Google Sightseeing Island Week is upon us!
In a nutshell: we’ll be posting mainly about islands, and it’ll last the rest of this week. If you’ve any ideas for islands for us to post then we still have a couple of slots remaining, so get submitting your cool islands!
Update: Island Week 3 featured the following posts:
- Paid a visit to the bizarre Moving Island of the Grey Monks.
- Took a day trip to Bruny Island thanks to Street View.
- Walked across the sand to the fascinating tidal island of Lindisfarne.
- Travelled to the most remote island in the world, Tristan da Cunha.
- Examined the remnants of the sunken Island of Jordsand.
- Solved the mystery of the Indonesian Island Monument.