Street View New Zealand Roundup
Friday, 5th December 2008 by Alex Turnbull
With this week’s launch of Street View for New Zealand we thought it was time for a quick roundup of the best Street View sights we’ve posted on our Twitter page over the past week. We’ve found several things to see in New Zealand so far:
- The world’s largest Kiwi fruit is in New Zealand of course.
- Middle Earth’s Mount Doom (aka New Zealand’s Mount Ngauruhoe)
- Could this be the world’s largest dog and sheep?
- Looking into the crater of Mt Eden, Auckland.
- From our previous post on Zorbing in NZ, here’s some zorbuses on top of the hill:
Whilst elsewhere in the world we’ve seen:
- The Castlemaine XXXX Factory from the label is now on street view
- It’s alright mate, nobody’s watching you painting that wall
- Jimi Hendrix rocks Seattle
- After a slow morning taking pictures of Florida, the Google Driver skives off
- A caged Polar Bear on the streets of France
- The World’s largest baseball bat outside the Louisville Slugger Museum
- And finally, have you ever wondered what happens when the Street View car gets rained on? Well now you know!
If you’d like more sights like this, then subscribe to our twitter feed!